Wednesday 12 May 2010

I am man, I make FIRE

After struggerling for a very long time trying to get the fire to work, the reason being that the particels were not riseing no matter what I tried, it seemed hopeless. I then realised that you have to make sure that the bake setting (frames) match the particle settings!

I found this tutorial, it was very helpful and very straight forward:



To begin with I was goin to have the man himself emit fire, but that proved difficult because you have to change the material to look like fire which would make the wooden man look like fire before he should, so I just used a plane instead which I put inside the man.

Here are the settings I used:
The next problem I encountered was that the fire particles were rendering too early even though they did not start to emit until the correct frame, there was a still image of them before hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment