Thursday 18 March 2010

Monkey Morph



I made this using what I had learnt about using key frames in Blender and the Lattice deformation tool. Basically it is the opposite to what I did in the crushing video when the cube got squashed by the rollers. But I also animated the light and camera to follow the monkey head. I like using the monkey head for demonstrating the animation techniques I learn because it is not about the models at this point, it is about animation, so there is not much point wasting time creating brilliant models to animate yet, but Suzanne (monkey head) is a very good model.
All i did was moved the light and camera with Suzzane and moved her through a Lattice I edited, then rotated the head a few times and moved it off camera and inserting Key LocRotScale frames at the right stages as I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment